Whatever floats your boat...
I've been a lucky gal my whole life- good friends, good health, a good job, and relatively little strife other than what I put on myself most times, so yeah- I'm full o' gratitude about that. I've also had my share of life's tragedies and shit, but ya know what? If anything has pressed upon me the worth of giving thanks for the good stuff, it's THOSE experiences and what lingers ever after.
So thanks for this continued connection, Arkies. I'm neglectful around making videos but you guys are as much a part of what makes my life colorful as any other joy in my life.
Happy day of gratitude.
Here are ten things I'm grateful for, in no particular order:
1. You guys, and this amazing, life-enhancing medium. I don't think most video-sharers fully realize the larger human story they're a continued part of, but I'm grateful to see it, even though I've been neglectful of that particular joy as of late.
2. My sister Dee and the new path she's taken. She inspired me to make some necessary changes, as did some vloggers who don't know it (I should tell them, though)
3. TEDtalks and any other venues that don't mention the Kardashians or JerseyShore, and that serve to bring together ideas worth knowing and thinking about for the sake of sustainability and innovation.
4. Whomever started OccupyWallStreet for being, as Howard Zinn would say, that ONE blade of grass (the relentless optimist who stood up against the odds of our collective complicity, apathy, and alienation and turned it around)
6. My boundless curiosity, the reason I've never felt "bored" <--'tis an alien concept
7. Music that stirs and transports me, and my own capacity to be blissfully lost in the harmonies
8. My colleagues and the students I get to work with every day. They make the sacrifices worth it, which leads to...
9. Art therapy, the impetus for finding the elusive line between sacrifice and unnecessary martyrdom and what fuels the engine (and the thing that often brings me back to joys such as video-making).
10. Solitude- without which, I'd be far from myself.
Much gratitude, all.